Welcome

A while back ago (April-ish), I thought it would be interesting to start a blog to document the randomness in my life, but I didn't really have much to write about. Now, I've got a lot of random projects and going-ons that I really want to talk about and record so that I can go back later on and see what I've done and accomplished. Well, I guess it will also be useful for my friends to read since I tend to have lots of random adventures in all sorts of places. And my mom can read it so she doesn't have to get onto me about not knowing what I've been up to. This won't be a consistent day to day type of journal, I'm much to busy/lazy for that, but it will allow me to reflect on whatever I feel like reflecting on.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Final Pyro Shoot

If you don't know, I've been taking a Commercial Pyrotechnics course at school. Soon I'll be able to put on shows like towns typically do for the 4th of July. I'm also going to become an employee at the company where the class has been held so that I can continue to be active in the business and keep getting experience.

So we had the final shoot for my commercial pyrotechnics class this past weekend. Thankfully, someone brought a camera and posted it to YouTube. The song is "Independence Day" by Bob Rivers, and we choreographed the show to fit the music. Watch for the low break at the end. It was a shell from a 4-inch cake. The company, Premier Pyrotechnics, had some defective cakes that had the tendency to break apart after the first few shells went off, and one just happened to come near us. Good thing I had my hard hat on.