Welcome

A while back ago (April-ish), I thought it would be interesting to start a blog to document the randomness in my life, but I didn't really have much to write about. Now, I've got a lot of random projects and going-ons that I really want to talk about and record so that I can go back later on and see what I've done and accomplished. Well, I guess it will also be useful for my friends to read since I tend to have lots of random adventures in all sorts of places. And my mom can read it so she doesn't have to get onto me about not knowing what I've been up to. This won't be a consistent day to day type of journal, I'm much to busy/lazy for that, but it will allow me to reflect on whatever I feel like reflecting on.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Morning of terribleness

Okay, so I should have known that seeing a spider on the ceiling of the bathroom on Thursday night was a bad omen. So Friday morning comes around, I wake up to get ready for a boring day of orientation at Spirit. As I walk to the bathroom, I see Mike cleaning up the remains of something on the carpet. He informs he that he has killed a brown recluse that was on his wall above his bed this morning. He was pretty freaked out about this, as anyone would be to have a spider above their head when they wake up, especially since ITS BITE ROTS YOUR FLESH OFF! Anyway, I proceed to go about my usual morning routine: shower, clothes, shave, brushing of the teeth. Except something weird happened in the middle of brushing my teeth. Suddenly, the bathroom sounded like Niagra Falls and steam was coming from the cabinet and faucet. I open the cabinet to realize A PIPE BURST AND IS TRYING TO FLOOD OUR APARTMENT! This is the last thing we need, as we are trying to leave for work. However, some things take priority over work, like making sure your house doesn't become a swimming pool. So we call the emergency maintenance line and leave a message. Some emergency maintenance line. So then we try the office. Doesn't open till nine, and it's 7:30. Thankfully, the maintenance guy calls back and tells us how to turn the water off, which we do despite the fact that Mike has figured out the cause (a broken fitting) and has stopped the leaking. So the guy says he'll be there in half an hour to fix the broken fitting and clean up the water. Already exhausted from the morning we head off to be bored to death with orientation...I'll spare you those details. I hope Mike's luck is better this weekend for his trip back home.

No comments: