Welcome

A while back ago (April-ish), I thought it would be interesting to start a blog to document the randomness in my life, but I didn't really have much to write about. Now, I've got a lot of random projects and going-ons that I really want to talk about and record so that I can go back later on and see what I've done and accomplished. Well, I guess it will also be useful for my friends to read since I tend to have lots of random adventures in all sorts of places. And my mom can read it so she doesn't have to get onto me about not knowing what I've been up to. This won't be a consistent day to day type of journal, I'm much to busy/lazy for that, but it will allow me to reflect on whatever I feel like reflecting on.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Second ride, going places I've never been

Date: 5/7/08


Second bike route: 10.9 miles, 53 minutes




Wow, that was quite a trip. I think I’ll call this one “Giant Loop,” seeing as I just made a big loop around Rolla. It’s about as close to going around the city limits as I can get without going on random side roads. My butt hurts a lot from not having a proper seat (insert joke about me being butt raped). I need to get a seat cushion *mental note to self*. It has a few hills, namely the one going up to the hospital, the one up to Hwy 72, the one up past Wal-Mart (which was real bad coming off of the previous hill), the one going up 72 back to Pine Tree road, and a small one on Old St. James, but I think that one was bad only because I had to stop there. Reason being that when I was going on Old St. James, my chain fell of and got stuck between the sprocket and the frame (note to self, get some washers to put on the axel to keep this from happening again). I couldn’t pedal, and the last time that happened, I had to walk the bike home (the last time was when I was coming back from TJ after a meeting with the future TJ Sr. Leadership, so it wasn’t that bad) and I didn’t feel like walking 2 miles back to the Quad. Thankfully, I got it unstuck and went on my way. I covered a lot of road I've never been on before. I learned the south side of town on Lions Club drive is really nice. I wish the clouds weren’t out so that I could see the stars; there were no street lights so I think I could have seen them real well. Of course no street lights meant I needed my headlight. I guess I’ll find out soon if I need to invest in rechargeable batteries or not. I really enjoyed this ride, and I need to do it again on a clear night.

No comments: